Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Federalists and Anti-Federalists 8/28

Who are you? My name is John Hancock


How old are you in 1787? I was 50 years old.


Are you a federalist or Anti-Federalist? I am an Anti-Federalist.


What is your role in the constitution convention? I was the first to sign the Constitution.


What stated views would explain your actions during the constitutional convention? I'm tyring to persuade America in the right direction.


What is your stance during the ratifying convention? I opposed the creation of a stronger U.S. federal government and which later opposed the ratification of the Constitution of 1787


Who supports your viewpoint?
Patrick Henry, Samuel Adams, George Mason, Richard Henry Lee, Robert Yates, James Monroe
 


What are the benefits or dangers? They didn't want the constitution but had no alternative, while the federalists suggested the bill of rights.


What are your views of this new plan of government? I agree with the new form of government.

No comments:

Post a Comment